A farm house in the Shoba area was partially destroyed when a veld fire burned out of control in yesterday’s gusty weather.
Witnesses say three trucks and an excavator that were on the farm were completely gutted in the blaze.
Fortunately, no one was hurt.
AbaQulusi Public Safety officer, TS Mthembu, said the family that had been renting the farm house had managed to salvage their furniture by moving it out of the house. Fire fighters managed to put the blaze out by 6pm.
“The fire started as a veld fire that burned out of control, it spread to the electrical poles and then to the house,” said Mr Mthembu.
Owner of the farm, Peter Liversage, said he could not comment as he was not in Vryheid and did not have enough information about what had occurred at the time of publishing.
ALSO READ: Is your building fire safe?